Reflection #4: 06/17
Kindness I have learned that receiving acts of kindness is a kindness in itself. I’ve always loved giving aid but hated receiving it. Now I have learned to both give and receive, and have become better because of it. Every single day here, I am blown away by the kindness that is displayed by all those around me. From the students to the professors to the sisters to friends to strangers, there is a consideration and care for others that permeates every environment here. Let’s start in the school. The students are all so incredibly welcoming. They share their mate, their food, and their stories. I have more drawings and letters than I can count, and have taken more selfies and photos than ever before. One student in particular stood out. Memi, a senior here, loves to sing and play guitar. During a conversation, she mentioned that she would be performing at a concert, and I expressed interest in attending. It was more of a passing remark than anything, as I didn’t know whether I’d be allo...








Comments
Post a Comment